Rectal cancer or bowel cancer develops in rectum, which are the last few inches of the large intestine or colon near to the anal opening. Rectal cancer begins as small polyps in the rectum. Most of them will be non-cancerous in the beginning. Some turns out to be cancerous in due course of time. Regular screening of rectum can prevent the occurrence of rectal cancer. Eating healthy food and increasing the physical activity level can prevent the formation of polyps in the rectum.
Generally Known Causes of Rectal Cancer
The following factors are considered as ostensible causes or risk factors for the development of rectal or colorectal cancer
- Increasing age
- Family history of colon or rectal cancer
- High-fat diet and/or a diet mostly from animal sources
- Personal history of polyps or colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory intestinal conditions
- Sedentary life style
- History of radiation therapy for cancer
Dynamic Science (DS) Based Causes of Rectal Cancer
Present science (material science) identifies that there are mutations or epigenetic changes happen in the genetic level that leads to the development of Cancer. Dynamic Science, which explains how mind, vital force (soul) and DNA are interconnected, reveals that our mind regulates the DNA with finality, though there are influences on DNA from the outside energy sources and also from the bio-chemical changes that happen in the physical body. But all DNA changes are ultimately under the regulatory control of the mental thoughts. Through our researches based on DSA, we identify different mental and emotional thought processes that constructively and destructively influence the DNA structure. We identify that naturally positive, happy, comfortable, peaceful and pure mental emotional state constructively or curatively modify the DNA whereas negative, unnatural, pessimistic, fearful, destructive mental and emotional states derange the DNA to express itself to an unhealthy plane. Also each thought is connected to a functional system and/or organ of the body. In this connection we identified that extreme irritability of mind as the important mental emotional cause that affects the colon and rectum in the development of cancer. It is still an ongoing research and development activity and a new direction of scientific observation which can make the development of future Medical Science and a new methodology of treatment. Click here to know more about Dynamic Science (DS).
Signs and Symptoms of Rectal Cancer
The following are the important signs and symptoms of rectal cancer.
- Blood in stool: Rectal bleeding is common in rectal cancer. It may not be apparent always. Faecal occult blood test, which is represented in short form as FOBT can detect the presence of blood in the stool. However, blood in stool can be caused by other less significant factors like hemorrhoid or anal fissures. Changes in food habit can also result in the color change in the stool. It is always better to report any such changes to the doctor, to be on the safe side.
- Change in bowel movement pattern: Bowel movement pattern may change as ribbon like. This can be because of an obstruction caused to the movement by a tumor in the rectum. If you notice any change in your bowel movement, do not hesitate to inform the doctor and act according to his advice.
- Feeling of rectal pressure of fullness: if you feel that you are not able to empty your bowel completely and feels the need for it, it is time for you to meet the doctor and get his advice.
- Fatigue: Fatigue is a vague symptom associated with rectal cancer. If fatigue lasts for more days then, it is better you discuss the matter with your health care provider and get his advice. Due to blood loss through stool, there can be anemia and this can be the reason for the fatigue.
- Unexplainable weight loss: If a person experiences weight loss without any reason, it can be due to rectal cancer, if associated with the above mentioned signs and symptoms.
Diagnosis of Rectal Cancer
If symptoms and physical examination leads to a preliminary diagnosis of rectal cancer, your doctor may ask you to undergo one or more of the following tests to finalize the diagnosis.
- Digital rectal examination: In this test the doctor or nurse inserts a lubricated and gloved finger into the rectum and feels whether any lump or unusual projections are there in the rectum. In the case of women, their vagina will also be examined.
- Colonoscopy: Colonoscope is a thin tube with a light source and lens on one end for enlarged viewing. Colonoscope is inserted through the rectum and the inside of the rectum is examined. Sometimes, a sample of the suspicious tissues is taken during colonoscopy and they are sent for examination under a microscope.
Stages of Rectal Cancer
The seriousness of rectal cancer and its treatment options vary as the rectal cancer passes through its various stages. Various stages of the rectal cancer are explained below.
Stage 0: This is the initial stage. In this stage, only the inner lining of the rectum is afflicted with tumors.
Stage 1: In this stage, the tumor has still in the inner lining of the rectum. It has not crossed the muscular walls of the rectum.
Stage 2: In this stage, the cancer has crossed the rectal wall and may have started invading organs like bladder, uterus, prostate gland, etc.
Stage 3: In this stage, the tumor has spread to the lymph nodes. This is a potential stage of the cancer. If proper treatment is given at this stage, there are chances that the disease can be put under control and can even be cured.
Stage 4: In this stage, the cancer would have metastasized to distant organs like liver, lungs, etc. and treatment and management of cancer in this stage is not an easy task.
Dynamic Scientific Approach (DSA) for the Treatment of Rectal Cancer
Our natural holistic treatment for cancer at SGHHCC and SGCCRC is based on the dynamic scientific approach (DSA) propounded by our founder director and chief physician Dr Shaji Varghese Kudiyat. This approach is based on the new generation scientific hypotheses named Dynamic Science (DS), which was introduced by Dr. Shaji Kudiyat after years of research and scientific studies. This science explains the relationship between the dynamic components of human beings, mind and vital force (soul) with the DNA which regulates the functions of the physical body. DS also explains how genetic mutations and epigenetic changes takes place leading the development of cancer and other chronic diseases and how these can be reversed resulting into the cure of the diseases. So the DSA treatment is the new generation treatment which completely cures diseases and it is completely natural and there will be no side effects whatsoever. The most important ingredients of DSA treatment are homeopathic medicines which are the only energy medicine available in the medical world that can directly influence the vita force; inner healing methods and techniques like yoga, meditation, music therapy, etc.; judicious use of surgery; food management and genetic counseling. The importance of a healthy mind for the treatment procedure based on DSA is well established and hence our treatment for cancer begins only after the patient and his/her nearest relatives and friends undergoing a group counseling session either directly at our center or through online video consultation, about the principles and procedures to be followed in dynamic scientific approach for cancer treatment. Please click here to know more about DSA treatment
Homeopathic Treatment for Rectal Cancer
A German physician named Dr. Samuel Hahnemann during the eighteenth century introduced homeopathic treatment. This is a holistic system of medicine. Homeopathic cure of diseases relying upon man’s inborn potential of self healing and is based on the cardinal principle and natural law of cure ‘Similia Similibus Curentur’ meaning ‘let like be cured by the like.’ Homeopathic treatment was very common during 18th and 19th centuries. Our founder director and chief physician Dr. Shaji Varghese Kudiyat is a world renowned homeopathic scholar, researcher and scientist with more than twenty years experience in homeopathic cancer treatment. He has authored a book titled ‘Homeopathic Medicine, An Unavoidable Medical Revolution.’ He regularly speaks in international medical conferences through which his latest findings and ideas are put forward before the medical community and he scientifically explains hitherto unanswered questions like how homeopathic medicines work, what is acting curatively in homeopathic medicine, etc. Dr. Kudiyat is instrumental in introducing and popularising homeopathic medicine as an alternative healing modality in the Philippines and is known as the “Father of Homeopathy in the Philippines.” Homeopathic cancer treatment in our hospital is under his direct control and guidance and we have been able to save the lives of so many cancer patients through his right approach with ability in identifying and rectifying the fundamental causes of the disease, dedication and hard work. Click here to know more about Dr. Shaji Kudiyat and click here to know more about homeopathic treatment.